Athletes and coaches often ask us which product, TrainingPeaks or WKO4, is right for them. Since everyone has different wants, needs, and goals, it is not an easy question to answer. Listed below is a breakdown of the features, capabilities, and usages of both products in order to help you decide which product is best for you.
TrainingPeaks Is For You If:
- You want to use a web-based calendar to plan workouts, apply training plans, and work with a coach.
- You want to create an Annual Training Plan for your entire season.
- You want to view your workouts, both future and past, on a free mobile app.
- You want to analyze your daily workout in an easy to understand manner.
- You want to easily view long term fitness trends using over 30 customizable charts
- You want to easily view weekly totals like distance, duration, and calories over a single workout, or a specific time frame.
- You are a coach and want to communicate immediately with your athletes through instant notifications to your account or email.
- You want to use one of over 5,000 plans developed by expert coaches fromour Training Plan Store.
- You are an athlete that is looking for the right coach. The TrainingPeaks Coach Match Service will find the right coach for you.
WKO4 Is For You If:
- You want to be able to analyze all of your data in amazing detail using the most powerful analytical engine available on either a PC or Mac.
- You want the ability to gain faster insights and create fully custom charts to compare one data point to another.
- You want your analysis to be based on unique physiology and not a bell curve.
- You want to use the new Power Duration Curve for determining Functional Threshold Power (FTP) with less testing.
- You want to quickly view if you or your athlete are a sprinter, pursuiter, all-arounder, or steady state rider through rider phenotyping.
- You want to use Pmax, the maximum power that can be generated over a short period of time.
- You want to view Functional Reserve Capacity (FRC), the amount of work that can be done above FTP before fatigue occurs.
- You want to use Modeled FTP (mFTP), a model-derived highest power a rider can maintain in a steady state without fatiguing.
- You want to use the new Coggan Individualized Power Levels to individualize your training.
- Crunching every piece of data is important and you want to be able to make custom charts based on every available metric.
- You want access to the WKO4 Chart Exchange, which offers free charts created by expert coaches.
- You want to pay only a one time fee. Currently, WKO4 can be downloaded for $169.00.
- You prefer to store all your files directly on your own computer and don’t want to share files.
Choose Both If:
- You are very serious about your training and want the best tracking, analysis, and planning tools available.
- You want to upload your data so your coach can view it.
- You are a coach who needs the ability to plan for the your clients, scale for efficiency, and grow your business with all the tools included in a TrainingPeaks coach account. But you would also benefit from being able to analyze data offline and not be at the mercy of your internet connection.
- You want to see your data on any machine in the world with a simple log-in.
- You want to be able to safeguard your data in the cloud in case something happens to your computer. WKO4 syncs automatically with TrainingPeaks.