Clive BoultonAll plans by this Coach
OVERVIEW - This is a 16 week 10km plan that starts with a base phase, the plan is aimed at the advanced athlete looking to make a step forward, the plan starts at 35miles per week and peaks at 50miles. The plan includes a number of weeks where there is the requirement for the athlete to complete two sessions per day, a couple of days per week for approximately 2/3 of the programme. The plan also includes one Activation and Resilience session per week and one Strength session for the first 10 weeks.
WHAT IS THIS TRAINING PLAN FOR - This plan is a high-level performance plan geared towards those seeking a strong 10km race performance sub 35min (Men) and sub 39min (Women)
WHO IS THIS TRAINING PLAN FOR - Invariably those embarking on this plan will have a strong running background and will have spent a some time in the sport and will be experienced in racing road or cross-country. They will be ambitious in their 10km race goal and be prepared to commit time and effort to being the best athlete they can be.
NOTE: The plan also includes instructional videos for the Activation and Resilience, and Strength sessions
CALL: If requested the plan can also include 2x 30-40min video calls, the first at the beginning of the plan and the second at the athletes request as they work through the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.