Can predictive modeling be used to improve performance?
In the summer of 2013, Ryan Cooper took a few weeks off of work to answer a question: could you accurately predict a cyclist’s performance using a fast, easy-to-use model? Over five years later, Ryan is the co-founder and chief scientist at Best Bike Split, a tool that helps cyclists of all levels develop optimal pacing and training strategies using proven technology.
Dave Schell sat down with Ryan to talk about how Best Bike Split came to be, how athletes and coaches can get the most out of the software, and other optimal strategies to use before and during a race.
Ryan’s suggested reading list
- Best Bike Split case studies
- TrainingPeaks blog
- The Cyclist’s Training Bible: The World’s Most Comprehensive Training Guide
- The Triathlete’s Training Bible: The World’s Most Comprehensive Training Guide
- Training and Racing with a Power Meter
- Cycling Science
- Bicycling Science: How Rider and Machine Work Together