XTERRA TRIATHLON: 2-week Race Phase (Phase 4 of 4) v2.0 - Reusable
Cody WaiteAll plans by this Coach
2-Weeks to Race Plan for XTERRA Triathlon - Reusable
Written by Cody Waite, Endurance Coach, Professional Endurance Athlete and co-owner of Sessions:6 Sport Performance
You're 2 weeks out from race day, you're well trained, fit and eager to race. Final step is to rid yourself of fatigue and improve your freshness to arrive at start line ready to rip.
My 2-week plan to taper and reach your peak for your XTERRA "A" race. This program is designed as the 4th and final phase of my XTERRA training program; to follow my 6-week Base Prep Phase, 9-week Base Phase, and 7-week Race Prep Phase. With all training done and "the hay in the barn" it is time to freshen up and while sharpening your race-specific skills in the final two weeks before race day.
RACE PHASE: 2 weeks, designed to de-load the accumulated fatigue from the Race Prep Phase intensity, while increasing race-ready freshness. Intensity remains while overall volume drops and recovery is in place, leaving you ready to race!
REPEATABLE: You can easily re-use this plan for additional "A" races within the same season (or again in future seasons). Within the same season, simply re-load it on your Training Peaks calendar 9-weeks out from next goal race and fill in the time before with additional base training.
- Ability Level: Intermediate to Advanced (program adjustable in both volume and intensity)
- Number of Weeks: 2 (1 Taper, 1 Race)
- Training Days per Week: 4-6 (written for 6 days, but can be consolidated to as few as 4)
- Training Hours per Week: 7-12
- Equipment Needed:pool, open water (if available), HRM, power meter is preferred.
Other Plans in this Series:
COMPLETE (phases 1-4) XTERRA TRIATHLON: 25-Week Training Plan
Email Cody directly with questions now or as you go: email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?