Trinergy CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is geared towards intermediate and advanced triathletes who are preparing for middle- and long-distance races. It lasts for 16 weeks and is meant for ambitious athletes who would like to work harder on their swimming during the preparation period. You will swim 3 to 4 times per week, averaging 12200m per week for the whole program. When preparing for the typical Northern Hemishpere season, you can work with this plan from November to February or from January to April, for instance.
The training plan is based on the classical periodisation model and consists of four phases. The first phase is an introduction with a good dose of general fitness training for swimmers. Then we work on the best technical pattern, which we will then use to intensify and later lengthen our training tasks. After finishing the training plan, you can successfully repeat it, or use a short version of it in the pre-race period, skipping the first four weeks of the plan.
This training plan includes mostly freestyle swimming. Other styles are given only marginal consideration and are incorporated only as warm-up and cool-down elements, as well as active regeneration.
Mind this is the swim only training plan!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.