Nick PatenaudeAll plans by this Coach
This is a beginners guide to training up to a Half or Middle Distance Triathlon!
Although no previous triathlon experience is required, it is recommended to have at least some experience in swimming, cycling, or running. This program will develop the capacity to complete a middle distance triathlon if you train diligently and follow the pathway laid out before you!
This program utilizes an RPE (Rating of Perceived Exertion) system to provide training prescription. It does not require you to have any metric data recording systems and is fully accessible without any specific training tools. All you need is any bike, running shoes, and swim suit!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.