Kristen CodishAll plans by this Coach
You've done a little running, but you're still a neophyte when it comes to running for a half marathon. You've finished a 5k, possibly even a 10k. Your race time is a little less important to you than getting across that finish line.
Throughout this schedule, you'll do two things. First, incrementally increase your weekly mileage and long run. Second, you'll do some gradually longer bits of running at a faster than normal pace to build up your stamina and keep your strong throughout the entire race.
If you can handle it, make up hill running part of your Tuesday workout.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.