04 - Advanced Paddler 6pdl (Outrigger and SUP)
April ZilgAll plans by this Coach
6 Paddle workouts per week +2 Strength workouts
16 weeks of preparation to get paddlers ready for a 6-13 mile race.
Originally built for The Graveyard course at the Carolina Cup, this plan would be suitable for any paddler looking to commit a lot of time to advanced training. Expect the strength workouts to become difficult, and the on water work to peak with very high intensities. You should be able to commit 12 hours a week to training during the base phase. Volume will decrease as intensity increases, prepping you for your best race yet. In the event of inclement weather, perform the paddling exercises as another form of cardio i.e. biking or running. As written, Thursdays are off days and Sundays are long paddle days.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?