Days 1-3: Goal to reset Estrogen
1. avoid red meat & pork
2. avoid alcohol
3. increase your fiber to 20 grams minimum
favorite fiber (very little sugar):
Whole Foods or Amazon
Core Foods to keep in stock from now on:
2. Lean Meats
3. Fruits: Berries, raspberries, prunes, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, mangoes, dried figs & majool dates
(don't go out and buy all of these fruits....we will be cutting them out for a brief period during this reset)
4. Vegetables: broccoli, asparagus, spinach, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, purple and green cabbage...
5. Nuts: Walnuts (high in Omega 3's), Brazil Nuts, Macadamia nuts
6.Seeds: eaten raw - chia, pumpkin, flax, sesame & sunflower
6. Legumes: Peas, beans, lentils
Welcome to the 21 Day Reset!!
Please use this as a guide but don't despair if you fall off the wagon a little along the way. Just get back on it!
This is meant to help you reset, find some culprits in your daily habits & nutrition strategies.
-avoid coffee during your normal training unless it's within 1 hour of a key workout
-try and keep caffeine intake below 200 mg/day
-you want your body sensitive to caffeine so that you'll feel a boost on race day
1. Keep avoiding red meat/ pork & alcohol
2. Increase fiber to 30 grams
3. Eat 1lb of veggies a day (7 cups)
1. Keep avoiding red meat/pork/alcohol
2. 35 grams fiber a day
3. 1 lb veggies a day
4. eat good fats: 1 golf ball size at breakfast, lunch & dinner
You MUST continue to fuel this way even though you are doing the 21 Day Reset!!
If you are doing aerobic/ cardio training for longer than an hour please fuel the following way for the 21 day reset. This is not intended for Build or Peak phase training!
Fueling Windows for Training lasting more than 1 hour:
PRE WORK OUT:
15 min prior to a workout: easily digestible carbs low in fat & fiber (2 majool dates or 1 banana, or 1.5 cups of apple sauce
performance fuels that are easily digestible and low in fat & fiber: Sports Drinks (EFS Pro, Gels, Sports Beans, Chews) 1 bottle of sports drink per hour of training
For the purpose of the 21 day Reset we will be avoiding your RECOVERY DRINK & your Post Workout Meal! For both of these please eat the whole foods recommended in the 21 Day Reset