Peta WoodlandAll plans by this Coach
12 week swim plan perfect for athletes looking to be able to swim 4km in a session or 3.8km swim comfortably and/or quickly.
Each session in this plan gives a range of set lengths. eg. 3-6 x 100m gives you the option of completing 3 x 100m if you are a developing swimmer and 6 x 100 if you are a fit/fast swimmer. If you are a less developed swimmer you do the minimum option. Elite swimmers complete the longer option. The sessions are based on your own pace and developing your own speed and endurance.
Training peaks shows the maximum time and distance, please disregard this if you are a developing swimmer as there are easier options for you!
The plan includes key testing and how to use the results from the testing in your sessions going forward.
This plan includes 5-6 pool sessions a fortnight with one open water swim a month (with pool alternative). It includes a race day and taper.
Please look under the work outs for help with terminology and exercise descriptions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We will answer most questions within 12-24 hours.
Peta from Energise Coaching coaches athletes of all levels and abilities and prides herself in sustainable training that fits in with the rest of your life.
This plan is intended for athletes who have a goal to swim 4km in a session or 3.8km in a full distance race. It would be helpful if you have swum 1.5km in a swim session but not essential. This is not a learn to swim program although there is plenty of drill work to help you develop technique.
pull buoy, fins, paddles
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.