Cody Waite, Sessions:6 Sport PerformanceAll plans by this Coach
Be Sure to Check Out our NEW for 2023 v4.0 Plans...ALL our v4.0 Plans are 50% OFF through the end of 2022! Give them a go and leave a 5-star rating or let us know how we can improve.
Search "v4.0 HRV" in Training Peaks Plan Store OR visit our website for all the info:
- Waite Endurance v4.0 Training Plans, Available from Training Peaks
- Ability Level: Intermediate to Advanced (adjustable by overall volume)
- Number of Weeks: 2
- Training Days per Week: 4-6 (adjustable to your goals)
- Training Hours per Week: 6-8+ (depending on your preference of riding/aerobic volume)
- Equipment Needed: HRM, power meter preferred
- Phase 1: 9-week XC/Marathon Base Prep Plan
- Phase 2: 12-week XC/Marathon Base Plan
- Phase 3: 6-week XC Race Prep Plan
- Phase 3: 8-week Marathon Race Prep Plan
- Complete 29-week XC MTB Plan
- Complete 31-week Marathon MTB Plan
Written by Cody Waite, Endurance Coach, Professional Endurance Athlete and co-owner of Sessions:6 Sport Performance
My 2-week XC/Marathon/Ultra MTB Race Plan is the final piece of the puzzle for our MTB program. Your best race season ENDS HERE!
This is PART 4 of a 4-part annual plan, that includes a taper and peak into your goal event(s) .
RACE PHASE: This final 2 week plan is set up with one week to 'de-load' and absorb all your training up to this point, followed by race week that includes some sharpening sessions to get you to the start line ready to rip!
Prior to this are PHASES 1-3 that make up up a complete build of fitness towards your A-race (to find these, search "Cody Waite" in TP store).
REUSABLE: You can easily reuse this 2-week taper plan leading into additional "A" races within the same season following Race Prep (build) cycles of training.
More Plans in this Series:
Email Cody directly with questions now or as you go: email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.