MTBCoachAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for people 40 or more years of age who want to compete in a 3 day MTB stage race. The base plan is designed to create a strong aerobic fitness that will prepare you for our 12 week 3 day MTB Stage Race Build 40+ (Masters) plan. Visit our site to learn more about choosing our training plans to meet your needs.
Start this plan 24 weeks before your goal race, then follow the 12 week MTB 3 Day Stage Race Build 40+ (Masters) plan. Rest days are on Monday and Friday and rest weeks every three weeks. Designed to start on a Monday with shorter workouts on weekdays and longer workouts on weekends.
Workouts are written to use a power meter, a HR monitor or rate of perceived exertion, but using a power meter AND a HR monitor is best for accurate monitoring of progress. The plan includes structured workouts compatible with your smart trainer and device to guide you through workouts in real time.
For people just getting started with training, coming off a long break or off the couch start with our 6 Week Conditioning/Adaptation Training Plan for a total of 30 weeks of training when you stack our Conditioning plan with our Base and Build plans
This plan is perfect for races such as SingleTrack 6 3 day, Moab Rocks, TransRockies 3 days, Breck Epic 3 day, Leadville Stage Race and many others.
Visit the MTBCoach MTB Stage Race Training Plans page for more details.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.