6 week Conditioning/Adaptation Plan
MTBCoachAll plans by this Coach
This 6 week plan is to help prepare an athlete who is just getting started, coming off a long break or off the couch to help prepare for the training demands for any MTBCoach Base training plan. The MTBCoach Base training plans expect that there is some level of fitness before jumping into the plans. This plan builds the fitness to start the Base plans using cycling, core, yoga and plyometrics.
Start this plan 30 weeks before your goal event. After completing this plan follow any of the MTBCoach 12 week Base training plans. After completing the 12 week Base training plans follow the MTBCoach Build and Race training plans. Achieve 30 weeks of training for your goal event when you stack all three plans together.
Each week is between 7 and 8 hours of training. Weekday workouts are 1 hr to 1.5 hour. Weekend workouts are 1-2 hours. For a training plan to meet your schedule and/or reduced training hours contact us for a free consultation.
Visit the MTBCoach Training Plans page for more details and to find the plans to meet your needs.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?