- 100 swim with breaks at each wall to focus on any form changes that need to take place.
- 4 x 25 kick (OR, 4 x 30 sec vertical kicking in deep water if your pool has a deep end.)
- 100 pull, buoy no paddles
- 8 x 25 (alternate 25 RPE 7, 25 RPE 5) on :15 rest
- 2 x 25 kick with board
- 4 x 50 swim (25 RPE 8, 25 RPE 6) on :20 rest
- 2 x 25 kick with board
- 2 x 75 swim (25 RPE 4, 25 RPE 5, 25 RPE 6) on :20 rest
- 100 nice and easy
3 SETS OF EACH ROUND OF EXERCISES
- 15 Goblet squats with feet on floor (Elevate heels for better range of motion!)
- 15 stability ball hamstring pulling
- 20 Bird Dogs (opposite arm/leg balance)
- 20 single leg deadlifts with feet on floor (No added weight - just focus on balance!)
- 12 push ups with strict form (no sway to low back)
- 12-15 resistance band rows or cable weight
- 12 Single Leg bridge lifts per side
- 10 single leg body weight squats with feet on floor. Focus on good ankle stability and use something as a cue to maintain balance.
- 1 min forearm plank
- 30 second forearm side plank each side
- 20 bridge lifts (both legs) with 3 second hold at the top of each
1 hr 50-60% Zone 1-2.
Keep this effort aerobic today! Perfect morning spin option, or an afternoon mountain bike ride.
Testing procedure: Dynamic leg warm up (active stretching: leg swings front to back, across body etc) Warm Up: - 20 min warm up at comfortable pace below threshold. 6 x 20 sec controlled surges in speed with 20 sec between each. 5 min at endurance effort. Test: - Start test by hitting lap button on your watch or Garmin. Run 1 mile on a flat or repeatable course at your best effort. - Hit lap button to end test and continue to cool down. - cool down 10 min
Build to zone 2 over 20 minutes. During the second 10 minutes, complete 3 - 5 spin ups to 110+ rpm, thinking about your pedaling dynamics and the efficiency of your stroke.
- 4x9 min ON 85-90% FTP (or 7/10 effort RPE,) - every 3 min during the intervals, stand out of the saddle in a slightly harder gear for 15 seconds then sit back down and continue with interval.
The Idea of this set is to maintain a hard effort without any drop in power from the full gas surge back to Sweet Spot.
- 4 min OFF full recovery between.
Finish with 4 x 45 Seconds Full Gas, 90 Seconds between
100 pull no paddles w/ buoy 5 X 50 yard catch drill: you can use fins as mentioned in the video to help you focus on the drill without losing momentum in the water. 20 sec rest between each 50 5 X 50 swim no equipment - focus on using technique from catch drill without so much exaggeration. 20 sec rest 200 pull w/ buoy no paddles 200 swim moderate effort putting the drill to action. 8 X 25 yd kick with board
See Attached Document & follow video links as necessary
-TRX Squat Jumps: 3 x 10
-Seated Box Jumps: 3 x 10
-Split Squat Jumps: 3 x 15 (each side - 30 total)
Complete each set as quickly as possible. Plyo's are designed to increase the speed of muscle contraction and will be accentuated when performed quickly.
Do not sacrifice form for speed