Sarah PortellaAll plans by this Coach
This Intermediate to Advanced Base Plan is designed to get athletes prepped for triathlon training. This plan assumes that the athlete has a general understanding of triathlon training and terminology, and is capable of up to 10 hours of exercise.
This plan can be used as a solid pre-season prep, or the first eight weeks of your base phase of training.
You'll go through a progressive build (including strength training) and finish the last week out with testing to set solid numbers going into your next phase of training.
Some run and all bike workouts have been built with the TrainingPeaks Workout Builder so can be used with Zwift or downloaded to your Garmin or Wahoo head unit.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.