Alison SmithAll plans by this Coach
Most research studies have found that two strength training sessions per week for 8-12 weeks achieves a sufficient increase in strength to result in endurance improvements.
This progressive and detailed 10-week strength programme follows on from our 4-week adapation phase plan, specific to triathletes in their base & build training phase.
This phase is the meat and potatoes of your strength training program. This is what will translate to improved triathlon performance if you get it right. Once you have completed it you can repeat it again from the start, depending on which phase of your training year you are in. If you are just about to enter race season this is NOT the time to start a progressive strength programme!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?