Ultraman Base camp
Sean RileyAll plans by this Coach
As the name suggests Ultraman is the ultimate endurance triathlon over three days of mind numbing pain and suffering. 10 km swim 144 km bike day 1, 275 km ride day 2 and a double marathon run day 3. It is not for the faint of heart nor for the unprepared.
I have previously written an 18 week program which I used to get me to the finish line of both of my Ultraman races but it was pointed out to me that the easy week in this program sees a total of 10.5 km of swimming, 220 km of riding and 40 km of running. An interim training step was needed to get people up to a fitness level where they could consider the arduous rigors of the 18 week Ultraman program.
Enter this Ultraman base camp program. This 3 month program will see you improve your fitness and get you ready for the demands of the 18 week Ultraman program if you want to move onto the next level.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?