Intermediate Power ‘Lockdown’ Plan - (4 wks 8-8.75 hours, fully reusable, coach email support)
Chris Wallace - The Triathlon Coaching CompanyAll plans by this Coach
Intermediate 4-week Lockdown Plan
This plan is built around most peoples current situation of having nowhere to swim and limited time outside to train. The majority of this programme is based around indoor training, but can quite easily be adapted to suit for any time you can actually spend outside. Based heavily around skill development this plan is perfect for all levels of athlete across all distances. You should be currently biking 3-4 times a week and running 3 times a week before starting this programme. This plan uses bodyweight only exercises for the swim replacement sessions, power for the bike and heart rate for the run. There is a planned day off from training every Monday to allow for good recovery, but you can move this around to fit within your current schedule.
The plan comes with detailed instructions, for each and every workout to ensure you know what you are doing every step of the way
All bike and run sessions are built as structured workouts which can be downloaded directly to your training device, Zwift, Trainer Road etc to allow you to focus on the workout specifics rather than thinking about how to execute the next section.
All of our plans come with email coach support firstname.lastname@example.org and an option to change plans if you feel you need more or less volume etc.
Key points of the plan:
- Starts at 8 hours a week (Strength and Conditioning 1:15, Bike 3:45 and run 3:00)
- Peaks at 8.75 hours a week (Strength and Conditioning 1:15, Bike 4:00 and run 3:25)
- Average of 3 S+C, 3 bikes and 3 runs per week)
- Longest S+C 0:30)
- Longest Bike 2:00)
- Longest Run 1:30)
- 3 weeks build and 1-week recovery/test week)
A recovery week is included to ensure you are always training sensibly and not creating too much excess fatigue stopping you from performing at your best this also allows you to reuse this plan and still have sufficient recovery between repeats
This plan is based around heart rate for the run and power for the bike therefore a gps watch with heart rate monitor and a power metre are required to get the best out of this programme. If you need a heart rate only, pace only or RPE based plan please check out our other available plans here.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?