Christina EngerAll plans by this Coach
This is an 8-Week Sofa to Sprint plan is for the beginning triathlete. It assumes you have a base level of aerobic training and are looking to try out your first sprint distance race. Since most people need to focus on their swimming, this plan is heavily focused on swimming and getting in some open water training.
This plan includes specific swim, run and bike workouts as well as strength workouts. You'll average about 5 - 7 hours of training each week. You don't need a gym membership for the strength workout as the exercises don't require any specific equipment beyond basic weights.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.