James BeckinsaleAll plans by this Coach
THE SPRINT PREPARATION PHASE (8-12 Weeks)
You have either gone through the whole process from Foundation building your skills and technique into Winter building your fitness and holding technique under more pressure and now you’re embarking on the final preparation to your Sprint Triathlon. Or you may be just tapping into this phase of your training to help you with your final preparation for your Sprint Race.
Most people are looking to target a Sprint Triathlon
1. As their first triathlon
2. They do not have time to train for longer distances
I have built this Sprint Plan on the assumption that you are using this plan based on one of the criteria.
The key is:
1) You are not injured
2) Your enthusiasm is high (you have not overdone the training to this point)
3) Technically you are sound
4) You have done the intensity sessions in the winter plan
Improved economy + increased training loads + psychological skills = faster & tougher athlete
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?