Nick SaundersAll plans by this Coach
• 12-week progressive plan
• Ideal for athletes over 50 years old or veteran athletes
• There are 2 swims, 2 cycles and 3 runs on average per week.
• Structured swim, cycle and run workouts that can upload to a Garmin or similar device
• HR zones set using Joe Friel formula
• Every 3rd week is a recovery week
• One day off a week
• Detailed description of each session
• Optional sessions if you feel like skipping a session
This plan is ideal for any veteran athletes over 50 years old.
As you get older you need more recovery. Most athletes will find it hard to train like they did in their younger years. Simply becuase you need more recovery as muscle tissues take longer to heal after exercise.
Every 3rd week of training is an easy week. If you feel you need the more traditional approach then look at the standard beginner plan.
Good luck, if you have any questions or need the plan changed email email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.