Nick SaundersAll plans by this Coach
• 10-week progressive plan
• There are 3 swims, 3 cycles and 4 runs on average per week.
• Structured power cycle workouts that can upload to Zwift or similar platforms
• Bike zones set using Coggan formula
• HR zones set using Joe Friel formula
• Every 3rd week is a recovery week with an option to race
• One day off a week
• Detailed description of each session
• Sessions downloadable to Garmin or similar devices
• Optional sessions if you feel like skipping a session
The plan is progressive and builds you up to being race ready for your Sprint Distance Triathlon. There are some challenging brick sessions in there to get you used to the feeling of racing as well as multiple interval sessions.
There are no strength sessions provided. It is recommended that you at least do functional core sessions or at least a light weights workout to help prevent injury and maintain basic strength. This should take no more than 30min. Good days to do these sessions would be a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. 2 sessions a week is adequate for strength workouts.
If you swim with a swim squad or do track sessions you can replace the swims and interval run sessions with your club workouts. Make sure your coach is aware of your planned race.
Good luck, if you have any questions or need the plan changed email email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.