Kari StuartAll plans by this Coach
This plan is intended for the beginner to intermediate athlete looking to train for a sprint triathlon.
A typical week consists of 6-7 workouts, and one rest day. Other than brick runs, there are no two-a-days in this plan. You can expect to see two running workouts, two bike workouts and two swims. After a 4 week build, a brick run is added to your Sunday endurance ride. It is advised to add at least two strength training sessions per week as well. If an additional day off is needed, simply double up one of your swims with a run or a bike.
The plan includes structured workouts that should sync with common devices and platforms. GPS for pace in conjunction with a heart rate monitor is recommended. Though neither are required, as the workouts are structured by both perceived effort and heart rate.
This plan has a Monday rest day, but could start any day that falls 12 weeks prior to race day. The plan assumes your triathlon falls on a Saturday.
The plan is built for those who have been relatively active in the previous months, are injury free and can run 15 minutes continuously. It's advised to speak with your doctor before starting a new exercise program.
If you have any questions about this training plan, please reach out at email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.