LONDON SPRINT TRIATHLON [HR & SWIM PACE] | 12 WEEKS
Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Sport: Triathlon : 12 WEEKS
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups, Cool downs + video
Distance | Event: LONDON SPRINT Triathlon (SAT OR SUN) 6-9 HOURS PER WEEK
MUST HAVE OR BUY: Swim pull buoy, heart rate monitor - wrist based or chest strap based
THIS PLAN INCLUDES BIKE SESSIONS DURING THE WEEK FOR INDOOR OR OUTDOOR - all sessions link with Zwift, Trainer Road etc
Plan shows as 15 weeks as we've included in week 1, 14 & 15 over 25 BONUS sessions including open water swims to swap for pool swims, swim bike run tests - easy to do, to set your personal fitness levels and 'how to' and racing tips. This makes the plan look longer. It IS 12 weeks.
Suitable for: New to intermediate athlete planning on racing LONDON SPRINT TRI
3 manageable swims, longest 1200-1500m, with run and bike sessions that mirror the undulating course out of the Excel centre. Longest Run is 10k - many shorter and over in 30 minutes - and bikes are all less than 1-45 with many indoor over in 45 mins or less
This programme can be done in the last 3 months leading up to the race or at any time before, you can repeat weeks if you like. If you are entering London for the first time, or attempting to beat a previous time then this plan is suitable for you. The programme includes fun strength and speed work that the elites do to ensure you stay strong and resilient. This plan really has EVERYTHING.
The plan is suitable for an athlete in reasonable fitness or regularly training in this sport, or fit enough from other sports to require a challenging programme of improvement in their chosen discipline. You get a progressive programme based on heart rate and the pool clock / pace that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve. NO general grey training area or junk mile sessions. Every one aimed at getting you better.
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for bench marking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks
• Intro and testing week, plus a bonus section of open water swim sessions
• Free Swim Technique Video Library on YouTube
• Free Run Technique Video Library on YouTube
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, pace, heart rate or power metrics
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A 3 page insiders guide to effective transition tips the pro's use
• 'Alternate ending' normal week 12 training week or race taper week, your choice
• Open water swim sessions to swap with the pool sessions
Complete this and be confident of no surprises, and being super ready for LONDON SPRINT - the World's biggest Triathlon
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most. You’ll find a programme to suit at www.racestronger.com that allows you to mix metric train, with power and heart rate, or train using your preferred effort measurement method. Why not buy a plan and take advantage of our tailoring offer, meaning we can swap around for a small fee the types of sessions if required to make it perfect for you!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:08 hrs||0:50 hrs|
|1:31 hrs||0:58 hrs|
|2:12 hrs||1:40 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:54 hrs||1:10 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:08 hrs||0:50 hrs|
||1:31 hrs||0:58 hrs|
||2:12 hrs||1:40 hrs|
||0:54 hrs||1:10 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?