Couch to Sprint Triathlon
Rob QuintosAll plans by this Coach
Super simple triathlon plan - no complex sets, no special equipment to buy. This plan is designed for the brand new triathlete to build a strong base of fitness to confidently complete their first sprint triathlon.
The athlete should be in reasonably good health, know how to swim and be able to complete a 30 minute workout, with breaks as necessary.
This plan prescribes a total of 6 workout per week- 2 swims, 2 bikes and 2 runs and at it's peak requires no more than 3:15 hrs of training for the week.
"This was the perfect plan to do my first tri with! The amount of training was easy fit in to my busy schedule, and I felt more than prepared on the day of the triathlon." -Tricia K.
"Perfect plan for beginners with little time! Went from never swimming a lap to killing my first triathlon!" -Jessica G.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?