Beginner Triathlon Program
Ted RamosAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week plan is for the beginner to intermediate athlete planning to do a Sprint triathlon. A triathlete needs a plan that will prepare them for the conditions of the race.
This is the same plan I have used to train my beginner triathlon group training program to successfully complete the Chicago Triathlon race in 2018. This group consisted of many athletes who were first time racers, and beginner and intermediate level triathletes.
The plan starts out with a focus on building a base of fitness through better fundamentals and technique, and progresses to more specific race intensities as the event draws closer.
This plan utilizes zones and perceived exertion to quantify intensity levels for each workout.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:16 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:38 hrs||1:49 hrs|
|1:58 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:16 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:38 hrs||1:49 hrs|
||1:58 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?