"Accept The Challenge" - 12 Week Sprint Triathlon Plan for Beginners (Sunday Race) - Reusable
Shawn Gerber from Beyond Endurance Training SystemsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Designed for the beginner triathlete who is just getting started, this flexible plan designed by Shawn Gerber will guide you from zero to Sprint Tri (typically 400m swim, 20km bike, 5km run) over the course of 12 weeks, while giving you the tools to fit it in, and work around your existing life
The plan includes 2 workouts each of swim, bike and run plus several BRICK workouts and ranges from 2 to 4 hours (max) of training per week with Thursday as the designated off day (but that can be changed if needed). Included also with this plan is our downloadable training guide that puts the power in your hands to make this training 100% yours.
Who Is This Plan For?
This program is perfect for you if you:
- Are curious about triathlon, have wanted to try it out for awhile, or have a friend or co-worker pushing you to give it a try.
- Are looking to do a sprint-distance triathlon or shorter.
- Would classify yourself as a beginner, whether you are just getting started of have done a couple of races.
- Have a real life that you need to work around (jobs, kids, etc.), and want tools to help you do that effectively.
- Are not 100% new to swimming. You should be able to swim 50 yards continuously.*
* While there will be guidance for beginner level swimmers, this program is not a replacement for swimming lessons. You do need to have the basics somewhat down. If you need help I strongly recommend you check out my 14-day, Zero-to-Swimming Guide, available (for free) over at Breaking Muscle, or reach out to a local coach/club.
• This training plan starts any Monday and can be set to end on race day.
• You can reuse this training plan for future races.
• This plan version assumes your target race is on a Sunday.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:47 hrs||0:40 hrs|
|0:36 hrs||0:25 hrs|
|1:14 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:47 hrs||0:40 hrs|
||0:36 hrs||0:25 hrs|
||1:14 hrs||1:00 hrs|