Suzanne AtkinsonAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is designed with the "First Time Finisher" in mind. If you can do the following, you should be successful following this plan. If not, don't let that discourage you, 12 weeks is ample time to get up to speed in all three disciplines.
You should be able to:
-Ride a Bike (and own one...any bike)
-Swim 25-50 yards without stopping
-Run/Walk 20 minutes (any combination)
The plan uses only precieved exertion and duration, so tools such as a heart rate monitor and power meter are not needed. After purchase of the plan, a 29 page document (also available for free at http://www.sprinttriathlontraining.org/) will guide you through the 12 week plan.
The guide includes a lot of helpful tips and insight for the new triathlete in preparing to finish their first triathlon.
Average training volume over the 12 weeks is just over 4 hours and peaks at just over 6 hours in the 10th week. Volume is lowest at the beginning and peaks in Week 10 of the plan with every 4th week scaled back for recovery.
Something missing from the plan? Just email me (address is in the training guide you'll have access to after purchase).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.