Pool Sprint Beginners/Intermediate (balanced)
The Triathlon Coaching CompanyAll plans by this Coach
This session is built towards a beginner/Intermediate athlete who can:
Swim for 45 mins between 1.45-2.15 per 100m
Bike for 60 mins
Run for 60 mins
The sessions build for 6 weeks then backs off for a recovery week. The plan then builds again up to race week on week 10 with the race planned for a Sunday. Look at the first day in the plan for the guidance notes around this plan including key explanations of the terminology used. You will need a heart rate monitor for the runs and a power metre or virtual power (Zwift, Trainer Road or other software) for the bike to be able to use this plan. For heart rate only see our other plans.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:52 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|3:15 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:52 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||3:15 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?