Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: AQUATHLON | AQUATHLON AGE GROUP / COMPETITION
Suitable for: Age Group | Performance
You will be a long-term athlete, experienced and proficient in your sport and used to training regularly but maybe with little structure or accountability or more general club based sessions. This programme is suitable for an athlete at the top of their game wanting marginal improvements that make a real difference or an athlete wanting to take the next step up to being one of the top performing in their sport. You may be focussing on improving all aspects of your sports or the one discipline that you need to move up the swim pack to complement your expertise in the others. These performance programmes and their data driven rationale and integral fitness ramp rates will ensure you can become the best you can be with many protocols taken from the UK’s high-performance centres.
The plan will work your threshold pace and long endurance pace, ensuring that you knock significant time off your swim performance at the end of the training period. Shorter harder sessions are in the week, with a longer swim and optional technique sessions at the weekend
The swim sessions are POOL BASED' with some additional Open Water and Sea sessions included if you want to use them at the end of this plan. This programme will be suitable for you if you are regularly swimming between 1000 to 2000 per session, front crawl with times per 100 between 1-25 and 2:15. All timings are set according to your swim ability. It is also assumed you'll be capable of racing 5K and being competitive over 10K runs
The programme is 12 weeks and you'll need to be able to use a pool clock or body worn device to measure your pace. Theraband or old cycle tyre inner tube handy too. If you want to rely on a similar programme NOT using Critical Swim Speed - CSS by Swim Smooth, BTF performance partner then select the mirror aquathlon performance swim programme with 'THRESHOLD PACE’ in the title.
If you want to view other swimmer’s comments on the programme and coaching methodology, please visit www.swimwerkx.com.
Plan includes all tests, re-tests and calculators
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks+
• Free Swim and run Technique Video Library on YouTube
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, pace, heart rate or power metrics
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. Good luck, now go get in the water!
All training plans on racestronger.com http://bit.ly/racestronger
All Racestronger plans on Training Peaks http://bit.ly/allplans
All Tri Swim plans on racestronger.com http://bit.ly/swimtri
All Tri Swim Plans on Training Peaks http://bit.ly/triswims
All Tri Run Plans on racestronger.com http://bit.ly/run_stronger
All Tri Run Plans on Training Peaks http://bit.ly/trirunning
Like and Join on Facebook! http://bit.ly/racestrongerteam
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?