Foam roll or dynamic stretching before you get on the bike 15 min at warm up effort. At 15 min mark 5 X 15 sec spin ups to 7/10 RPE. Main Set: 3 X 5 min @ Tempo or 6/10 RPE 2 min EZ between Cool down 15 min at cadence 85-90
30 min recovery run. nice easy run and try to stay relaxed. Stay in zone 2 - 1 so the effort should be easy. Take a 1 min walk break after every 4 min of running!
200 swim with buoy
200 swim moderate
4 X 25 hard on 20 sec rest
15 x 50's on 10 sec rest. Accelerate the first 10 hand hits and then just cruise the rest of the 50 allowing your breathing to return to a steady state through active recovery.
150 easy cool down
45 min easy aerobic run. Include 4x10 second @90% of all out sprints for speed maintenance. Take a 1 min walk after every 9 min of running!
With Mini Band:
- 15 lateral steps each direction (toes pointing forward/ knees tracking over ankles
- 15 front kicks
- 15 back kicks
- 15 cross body kicks
- 60 sec forearm plank hold (booty and core TIGHTLY held in and take deep inhales and exhales)
- 12 superman lower back lifts
- 12 bird dogs each side (opposite arm / leg balance on hands and knees)
- 60 sec high plank (top of the push up) with knee drive to opposite elbow
Dynamic dry land warm up
200 yd EZ swim
200 yd pull with bouy no paddles
4 X 25 sprint with 15 sec rest
200 yd EZ to finish warm up
5 X 100 yds threshold effort or (8/10 perceived) 20 sec rest * record times on all 5 using whatever method you use (Garmin, digital watch or swim clock.)
300 yd cool down
upload to Training Peaks with recorded times for 5 X 100 and maintain for future comparison.
15 min run or power walk off the bike. If you run i want you to take a 1 min walk break after every 4 min of running.