Joanne MallinsonAll plans by this Coach
This 8 week programme for an intermediate swimmer will give more structured sessions after being out of the pool for a while. It is focussed on getting you ready for a 1500m open water event. The plan has 3 structured swims per week, one endurance based, one technique and one open water, along with 2 strength/core sessions. The plan works on a 4 week block with weeks 4 and 8 recovery weeks.
Priority swims if short on time would be the open water and the endurance swim.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?