TPS Intermediate Olympic Triathlon Plan - FTPw - 10 Weeks
Nick SaundersAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
• 10-week progressive plan
• There are 2 swims, 3 cycles and 4 runs on average per week.
• Structured power cycle workouts that can upload to Zwift or similar platforms
• Bike zones set using Coggan formula
• HR zones set using Joe Friel formula
• Every 3rd week is a recovery week with an option to race
• One day off a week
• Detailed description of each session
• Sessions downloadable to Garmin or similar devices
• Optional sessions if you feel like skipping a session
The plan is progressive and builds you up to being race ready for your Standard Distance Triathlon.
There are no strength sessions provided. It is recommended that you at least do functional core sessions or at least a light weights workout to help prevent injury and maintain basic strength. This should take no more than 30min. Good days to do these sessions would be a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Two sessions a week is adequate for strength workouts.
If you swim with a swim squad or do track sessions you can replace the swims and interval run sessions with your club workouts. Make sure your coach is aware of your planned race.
Good luck, if you have any questions or want the plan changed to suit your needs email email@example.com
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:32 hrs||1:10 hrs|
|3:56 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|1:54 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:32 hrs||1:10 hrs|
||3:56 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||1:54 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor