Suzanne AtkinsonAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for a triathlete with a strong running background. Weekend runs start at one hour easy base run, and hill repeat workouts of 1 minute x 6 start the first week as well.
Base running mileage going into the plan should be about 15-18 miles per week for the previous 3-6 weeks.
Weekend bike rides start at 90 minutes with the first week including blocks of short interval sets of 5 minutes each.
The plan uses intensity to help build short term power in both run & bike which will the transition to race pace brick efforts and race simulations in the 2nd half of the plan.
Swimming can be customized based on list of swim workouts that will be attached as a separate document to the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.