This is a 12 week training plan designed specifically for your Olympic distance race.
Frequency and consistency is key in training for any endurance event. This plan includes strength and core work to help you with injury prevention and performance gains. Every workout in this plan is written as a custom structured plan using Training Peaks Builder. This means you have the ability to export each workout to your Garmin or third party app such as Zwift, Trainer Road or Rouvy. This technology is a great benefit for training with greater accuracy and technology.
- Export Friendly
- Email support
- Convert to 1:1 coaching at any time!
New for this year, you can become a member of our team of athletes and gain support and camaraderie from others on our private Facebook page. We have an open forum for athletes to ask questions of our coaches plus training tips and videos. The membership is $25 a month for a basic membership or $75 a month to have a 30 min phone consultation in addition to your membership. Of course. the membership options are totally up to you but a really nice way to have extra support for a minimal fee. You can find out more on our website: https://peakstatefit.com/endurance-coaching/
- 200 easy
- 8 x 50 descend 1-4,5-8 @ 15 sec rest
- 4 x 50 fast w/ 25 recovery between @ 30 sec rest
- 8 x 25 fast @ 15 sec rest
- Easy 100
TWO ROUNDS OF EACH MOVEMENT:
- 60 sec High Plank Arm / Leg Raise
- 60 sec Slo-mo mountain climber
- 60 sec dead bug
- 60 sec hollow rock
Maintain a low heart rate on aerobic base days. If you do not train with a heart rate monitor keep your perceived exertion (RPE) below 7 out of 10 at all times during these sessions.
- 1 X 15 scapular retraction (band pull apart)
- 1 x 15 face pull
- 1 x 15 tricep pull aparts
- 1 x Paloff press full ABCs facing each direction. Video demo shows cable but you will use your resistance band as used with above exercises.
- 3 x 20 Swim cord presses
- Easy 400 warmup, mix in some back/breast
10 x 100 as 2 rounds of:
#1 - 25 strong, 75 easy
#2 - 50 strong, 50 easy
#3 - 75 strong, 25 easy
#4 - 100 strong
#5 - 100 easy
- easy 100
- 10 min easy jog
- 4 X 2 min strong running on 1min easy jog/walk
- 10min easy jog
Roll each muscle group for 8-10 rolls (back and forth = one roll) Look at the link to the photos in the article. They are good standard foam rolling exercises. I want you to roll the quads and calves independantly (photos show at the same time.) http://www.bicycling.com/training-nutrition/injury-prevention/roll-out-kinks