Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: Olympic Triathlon | Swim 1500 to 1K | WEEKLY 2-3.5 HOURS QUALITY WORK
Suitable for: Age Group | Performance
You will be a long-term athlete, experienced and proficient in your sport and used to training regularly but maybe with little structure or accountability or used to more general pace club based sessions. This programme is suitable for an athlete at the top of their game wanting marginal improvements that make a real difference or an athlete wanting to take the next step up to being one of the top performing in their sport. You may be focussing on improving all aspects of your sports or the one discipline that you need to move up the swim pack to complement your expertise in the others. These performance programmes and their data driven rationale and integral fitness ramp rates will ensure you can become the best you can be with many protocols taken from the UK’s high-performance centres.
The plan will work your threshold pace and long endurance pace, ensuring that you knock significant time off your swim performance at the end of the training period. Shorter harder sessions are in the week, with a longer swim and optional technique sessions at the weekend
This swim boost programme is suitable as a stand-alone performance programme for competent and confident 1500 swimmers and Olympic distance triathletes. It is POOL BASED' with some additional Open Water and Sea sessions included if you want to use them at the end of this plan. This programme will be suitable for you if you are regularly swimming between 1500 and 2500 per session, front crawl with times per 100 between 1-25 and 2:15. All timings are set according to your swim ability
The programme is 12 weeks and you’ll need to know how to use a pool clock or timing device to pace yourself. Theraband or old cycle tyre inner tube handy too. If you want to rely on a similar programme that uses CRITICAL SWIM SPEED by Swim Smooth, BTF performance partner then select the performance swim programme with ‘CSS’ in the title. If you want to view other swimmer’s comments on the programme and coaching methodology, please visit www.swimwerkx.com.
Plan includes all tests, calculators and sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks+
• Free Swim Technique Video Library on YouTube
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, pace, heart rate or power metrics
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most. You’ll find a programme to suit at www.racestronger.com that allows you to mix metric train, with power and heart rate, or train using your preferred effort measurement method. Why not buy a plan and take advantage of our tailoring offer, meaning we can swap around for a small fee the types of sessions if required to make it perfect for you!
Good luck, now
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?