USAT Level II Coach Heather Casey designed this 16 week training plan as an action plan to peak at the right time for your Olympic distance triathlon this season. The plan is intended for the intermediate level athlete.
Injury prevention is the number one goal for all of Coach Casey's plans and private coaching clients. Benefit from her background as a certified strength and conditioning coach with many different core workouts infused in this training plan.
45 min zone 1 easy spin. focus on a high cadence (between 80-100 rpm)
30 min recovery run. nice easy run and try to stay relaxed. Stay in zone 2 - 1 so the effort should be easy. Take a 1 min walk break after every 4 min of running!
- 5 x 100 @easy aerobic pace (rest :15sec between) RPE 5
- 4 x 25's FAST! @1:00 (this means swim and recover in the 1 min interval) RPE 8
- 5 x 100 @easy aerobic pace (rest :10sec between) RPE 5-6
- 4 x 25's FAST! @1:00 RPE 8-9
- 100 cool down RPE 4
- 10 min easy spin (zone 1-2) RPE 4-5
- 3 x 2 min zone 4, RPE 7 on 8 min zone 2 recovery, RPE 5
- 5 min easy spin (zone 1) RPE 4
45 min aerobic ride. Keep this ride very easy, this whole ride should be conversational paced. When you are finished with the ride i want you to transition into your running shoes within 5 min.
15 min run or power walk off the bike. If you run i want you to take a 1 min walk break after every 4 min of running.
- 300 free
- 200 pull
- 100 kick
- 5 x 100 aerobic pull with buoy @ Base +:10 RPE 6
- 5 x 50 @Base (just make the interval) RPE 7
- 2:00 min rest
- 5 x 50 @Base -:05 (just make the interval) RPE 8
Cool down: 100 free or back