IRONMAN® Training Plan (Experienced, 14 Weeks, Sunday Race), Email Support + Reusable
David Glover, MS, CSCS - More than 5,000 athletes have used my plans on TrainingPeaksAll plans by this Coach
"You are an IRONMAN®!!!”
When you hear these magical words as you cross the finish line, you’ve accomplished something very special.
Designed for EXPERIENCED triathletes with multiple IRONMAN® 70.3® finishes, the primary goal of this training plan is to prepare you to excel in your IRONMAN® race.
Designed by Exercise Physiologist and Coach David Glover, MSE, MS, CSCS, this plan encapsulates his education, experience (28 IRONMAN distance finishes with an 8:51 PR) success and passion coaching thousands of triathletes to achieve their excellence...beyond what they knew they could do.
Beginning 14 weeks before your target race, this plan progresses through two base periods and one build period (18-19.5 hours is biggest training week) prior to tapering for your race. Each week typically contains 3x swims, 3x bikes, 3x runs plus 1 BRICK run and 2x strength training. Long rides are on Saturday with long runs on Sunday. Monday is the designated day off. Using the plan, you will build up to: 3,800 yards (or meters) swimming, 5-6 hours biking and 2.5-3 hours running.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to complete the following workouts:
• Swim: 750 meters or yards continuously
• Bike: 3 hours
• Run: 90 minutes
Purchase of this plan includes our comprehensive 40+ page Triathlon Training Guide, which explains how to use your training plan plus email access to David Glover at any time for questions about this plan.
For more information about this plan, please DOWNLOAD the Description Document.
What do our clients say? Please see their testimonials.
Training for another race distance? We also have training plans for IRONMAN 70.3 Triathlons and Sprint & Olympic Triathlons plus Running Races (from 5k to marathon), too.
• This training plan starts any Monday and can be set to end on race day.
• You can reuse this training plan for future races.
• This plan version assumes your target race is on a Sunday.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?