Roger HospedalesAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week plan is designed for a busy athlete who is able to invest 10 hours per week of training time in order to successfully finish their upcoming Ironman race.
Athletes completing this Ironman Certified Coach designed plan, will train 10 hours each week from weeks 1 to 10, 9 hours during week 11, and just over 3 hours during the race week taper. Each week, athletes can expect to complete 2 swims, 2-4 bike rides, and 3-4 runs.
The swim workouts in the training plan are based on pace, while the bike and run workouts in the plan are based on Duration and Heart Rate - utilizing Training Peaks Structured Workouts. That can be utilized on your device or preferred virtual training platform.
Thus, it is essential that you have a reliable Heart Rate Monitor, and that you complete the field testing during the first week of the plan, and set your zones in Training Peaks (https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/204073584-How-to-Set-your-Thresholds-and-Calculate-your-Zones). Make sure you utilize Joe Friel's Swimming, Cycling and Running Zones.
You should be training regularly for 7-9 hrs per week, for at least one month prior to starting this training plan.
Being an efficient time limited plan, it strictly focuses on swim, bike and run. But you should be engaging in stretching, massage (self or a RMT), and sound nutritional practices to help you recover from your training, and to stay injury free.
* The information provided in this training plan cannot replace individual advice from health professionals. Please consult your physician before starting the training plan or any new fitness program.
Upon purchasing the plan, you will receive a welcome email, and an invite to schedule a one-time phone/video call where you can ask your questions about the plan and the training ahead.
If you require more personalized assistance, check out our Coaching Consultations add-on to your plan, or our other Coaching Services (https://www.prendurancetraining.com/coaching-services).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.