Mike Ricci: D3 Multisport Head Coach, USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and USAT Level III Elite CoachAll plans by this Coach
DESIRE. DETERMINATION. DISCIPLINE. Our plans get results!
Author: Mike Ricci
- Founder, Head Coach D3 Multisport, Inc. 2000-present
- USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and 2017 USAT World Team Coach
- USA Triathlon Elite Level 3 Coach (1 of 19 in the US)
- Coached the University of Colorado Triathlon Team to 4 straight National Titles 2010-2013
- Coached multiple National Champions, Kona Qualifiers, and 1st yr. triathletes
- Coached the AG National Champion in 2015 and AG World Champion in 2016 (25-29 AG)
A solid training plan equals athlete success:"My race went well, smashed my goal of 5:45 with a 5:04. The plan was great and have recommended it to friends. I will purchase a plan for the full IM next year." Thanks, Eric D.
Length: 20 weeks
This 20 week program is a Beginner Plan. This plan has less volume and intensity than the Advanced plan as it averages 13 hours per week and has a max. week of 17:30. The weeks have 3 swims, 3 bikes, 3 runs, 1 brick run and 2 strength sessions.
Requirements: You should have a good base over the past 4-6 weeks. Going into this plan you should be able to:
- Swim at least 2500m
- Bike at least 1.5 housr
- Run 60 minutes
You will build to:
- 4,500m of swimming
- 6+ hours of cycling
- 2:45 of running
Your off day is Friday, your long ride is Saturday and long run is on Sunday.
Our programs are designed for the age group triathlete who has a busy life with a full-time job, a family and/or other responsibilities. In this program, the longer workouts will be on the weekends, and the weekdays will consist of shorter workouts. There will be bike-run (or brick) workouts on most Saturdays and there will be a race simulation during this plan. During the training plan, there is testing every few weeks to assess your fitness and you can re-adjust your Heart Rate and Power Zones. If you don’t train with a HR or Power meter, that’s fine because the tests are still good training as you can measure improvement based on time and effort.
Our plans set YOU up for success. The main goal of this plan is to help you achieve your best race! Mike has been coaching for 25+ years and uses that collective experience to help each individual athlete be successful at any level. His passion for the sport and wisdom gained from coaching thousands of athletes goes into designing a plan. He has taken the guesswork out of training with this plan and looks forward to helping you too.
We leave no stone unturned in helping you reach your goals. Purchase of this plan includes:
- Strategically designed, simple to follow ‘Structured Workouts’
- Strength workouts and core programs
- D3 'Terminology' and 'Determining Heart Rate and Power Zones' documents
- Insider access to premium content, instructional videos and training tips
- The opportunity to be a part of a top Ironman Club Team, Team D3
- Access to our private, Team D3 Facebook group to ask our USAT Certified Coaches questions
- Team Sponsor Discounts
If you have questions email Coach Mike and learn how we get it done for our athletes: www.D3Multisport.com
IRONMAN®, IRONMAN 70.3® and IRONMAN Triathlon® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?