Marco NicoliAll plans by this Coach
Second 16 week phase of the Aerobic Development plan for Ironman athletes who finished Ironman Triathlon Aerobic Development 1 built with Power for the run instead of Pace.
Should complete Ironman Triathlon Aerobic Development 1 or be comfortable with the volume and intensity before moving to this plan.
Unlike Phase 1 this will not start slow, it will pick up from where you left off.
This can be the first and only Aerobic Development plan for the athlete who already has a very strong fitness base and wants to improve further.
This is designed to build aerobic fitness and increase Threshold speeds across all three disciplines.
It is the second of two sixteen week Aerobic Development phases for a total of 32 weeks.
Athletes are encouraged to take an extra recovery week between Phase 1 and 2 for mental and physical regeneration and be fresh ready.
Ideally, this will precede a 13 week Ironman Build Phase going right into race day for a total 45 week Ironman Training Plan for the dedicated athlete looking for Optimal Performance on Race Day.
For the focused and dedicated athlete who has signed up for their A race and wants a full plan there is also a full 45 week Ironman preparation plan that combines the three phases into one plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.