Marco NicoliAll plans by this Coach
Final 13 weeks before race day for an advanced athlete who has completed Aerobic Development Phases 1 & 2 in the last 32-33 weeks.
This completes a 45 week Ironman training plan focusing on performance improvement on race day.
It is highly recommended that Ironman Triathlon Aerobic Development phases 1 & 2 are completed prior to starting the Ironman Build.
The entire plan is available as one plan if preferred.
Heavy training load is not designed for the athlete who just wants to finish, but for the athlete who wants a PR.
Make sure you are able to tolerate the volume of Ironman Triathlon Aerobic Development 2 plan before you move on to the Ironman Build.
The Build is focused on building upon the fitness and adaptations made during the Aerobic development phases and tailoring them to the demands of race day.
The workouts will become increasingly more Specific to Ironman Race Day.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?