Back To Swimming Part 3 - 4 Weeks to Race Day
Jennifer MatheAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed to prepare an experienced athlete to race the swim portion of Olympic or Half-Iron distance race in 4 weeks time. You should already be swimming for a few weeks and be able to tolerate about 5500-6000 yards/week before starting this plan. If you have not been swimming at all for awhile, I suggest following my "Back To Swimming Part 2 - Return To The Pool" plan first and find a race a bit further out.
This is a fast track program to be used under special circumstances that have prevented a seasoned athlete from swimming for a period of time. This plan should not be used by beginners or on a regular basis by experienced athletes to prepare for racing. You should not follow this plan if you are prone to shoulder injury. If you begin to experience any discomfort (shoulders, back, etc), you should discontinue this plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?