Kyle McFarlandAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16-week, Half IRONMAN 70.3, structured training plan designed by White Pine Athletics' Head Coach Kyle McFarland.
This plan is ideal for the intermediate to advanced triathlete aiming to race their fastest half distance triathlon. It is strongly recommended that you have previously completed at least an olympic distance triathlon, and can comfortably complete the following distances:
Swim: 1000 yds
Bike: 90 minutes
Run 50 minutes
This plan also includes swim, bike, and run benchmark testing to establish and update your training zones.
Each session can be performed either inside or outside, and can be exported to devices such as Bryton, Garmin, Wahoo, Zwift, etc.
Included in the plan:
- Initial testing protocol
- Strength and mobility sessions
- Sessions that build on each other from week to week
- Helpful articles, tips and tricks
This plan also includes detailed race pace planning, general/basic race nutrition plan, race day/travel packing checklist, and access to discounts on additional White Pine Athletics coaching services.
Smart trainer or power meter is encouraged, heart rate monitor not required but strongly encouraged.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?