Intermediate 16 week Half Triathlon (Power based)
Lindsay Zemba LeighAll plans by this Coach
The Intermediate Half Distance plan is geared towards those who've done Half distance triathlons and are ready to PR. It includes 2-3 swim workouts each week, 4 run workouts each week, 3 bike sessions each week, brick sessions, functional strength sessions, rest days, and field tests to set up your run, bike and swim heart rate and pace zones. Before starting this plan, you should be running at least 3 times per week, 45-60 min each session, be able to swim 3000 yards at a time, and be biking at least twice per week, with a long ride of at least 1.5 hours.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?