Half Ironman 16 Week Int/Advanced Training Plan for Peak Performance on Race Day - Sat. Race
Marco NicoliAll plans by this Coach
16 week plan for Half Ironman athletes with a strong base of fitness.
This plan is recommended for athletes who have been training consistently and are currently able to swim 2,000 yards, bike 40 miles and run 5 miles continuously.
For those who don't yet possess the recommended fitness, there are 20 and 24 week plans that will allow one extra mesocycle each to build a base and still achieve similar fitness on race day.
The main focus of this training plan is to build Aerobic Fitness as well as increase Threshold speed and Stamina across all three disciplines.
It is recommended for dedicated athletes who strive to achieve their best performance on race day and are willing and able to "put in the time and effort".
To accommodate busy working athletes the plan defines Monday as the Rest Day and has the longer workouts on the weekend.
The plan averages 11 hours/week of training with a maximum weekly duration of 14 hours, and is structured with 3 weeks of work and one week of recovery & testing.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?