Injury Prevention Focused Half Iron (HIM) Distance Plan - 20 weeks; Advanced; Sunday Event
Alyssa MorrisonAll plans by this Coach
Research suggests that between 70-90% of runners will get injured each year. This statistic is slightly less for triathletes due to the cross-training nature. However, injury is still very prevalent. Therefore, the main goal of this training program is to provide you the opportunity to participate in the sport you love while minimizing your risk for injury. Thankfully the effort you put into injury prevention strategies is the same focus that will provide you with greater speed and power. Thus, participation in this training program is a win-win to foster optimal performance. Injury be gone!
IS THIS TRAINING PROGRAM FOR YOU?
Designed for the advanced half Iron (HIM) triathlete, here are the specifics of the 20-week training program:
· Progression through four build cycles and one race specific cycle, all followed by a recovery week. 7.25 hours (minimum) to 15.5 hours (maximum) time requirement per week prior to tapering and racing.
· Each week typically consists of 2-3 swim workouts, 2-3 bike workouts, 3-4 run workouts and at least 2 strength training workouts. One day per week, Friday, during recovery weeks and up to 1-2 times per build cycle is designated as a day off. However, this rest day can be flexible as your schedule requires and guidance is offered to adjust for this need.
· Injury prevention strategies are built into the workouts each day/week. Other training tools complement these workouts to minimize risk for injury and put the athlete in the position for greater speed and power.
· Training plan starts on a Monday. Therefore, it can be applied to start on any Monday or it can be set to end on race day.
· Training plan assumes your target race is on a Sunday.
· Training plan uses common language and little to no abbreviations to try to decipher.
WHAT LEVEL OF FITNESS IS REQUIRED?
· Prior to beginning this training program, you should be able to complete a 50 minute or approximately 2000 yard (or meter) swim, 60 minute ride and a 40 minute run.
· Training program will build you up to 3500 yards (or meters), 14-15 miles of running and 65-70 miles of cycling.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Purchase of this training plan includes the following:
· 25 question triathlon-specific Injury Prediction Calculator with complimentary strategies and tips to 'reduce your risk.'
· In-depth, instructional 30+ page Injury Prevention Athlete's Guide including injury prediction tips and injury prevention strategies and drills, as well as strength training routines. For more details on what is included, please send an inquiry to review the Table of Contents.
· Extensive, educational 70+ page Athlete’s Guide. For more details on what is included, please send an inquiry to review the Table of Contents.
· Comprehensive Glut Activation Exercises document
· Online, supplementary videos for swim and run drills and mechanics.
· Email access to the coach and author for questions, concerns or guidance.
Please email Coach AJ at: AJ@MultisportinMotion.com or email@example.com or visit us at www.multisportinmotion.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?