Lawrence CronkAll plans by this Coach
A 15 week training plan to prepare you for Wild Horse 200 mile ultra marathons.
The plan is based on up to six runs per week with two strength and conditioning sessions on most weeks.
The workouts within this plan are based on heart rate. There are full instructions within the plan on how to create heart rate zones and update them into training peaks so that your workouts reflect your personal zones.
Being such a long event hiking is also a key component to building your 'time on feet,' there are suggestions for how to build this into your training. The plan also has reduced volume recovery weeks.
The plan also inclludes a taper in the final two weeks to shed fatigue and freshen up for your race.
At Enduraprep we have worked with athletes towards ultra events such as Badwater 135, Moab 240 and Marathon Des Sables. We know our approach works if you follow it with consistency and discipline.
This plan would match very well with the results from our VO2 Max testing. The plan includes how to use the zones from these tests.
For more information on testing with Enduraprep in Cardiff go to https://www.enduraprep.co.uk/v02-testing/
Follow us on insta @teamenduraprep or FB @enduraprep and be sure to let us know how you get on following this plan, good luck!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.