Clare PearsonAll plans by this Coach
Be inspired! Be the best you can be.
This plan is designed specifically for The Dragon's Back, a multi-day adventure race thought to be one of the most challenging races of its kind. It takes place over 6 days is 380km in length and includes 17,400m of climb, taking in some of the beautiful landscape of Wales along with some of its most challenging terrain. Whilst this plan is designed for those who may need to regain some running fitness, some running, racing and navigation experience is assumed. The race itself requires you to have experience of all these elements to complete it.
- For intermediate runners starting a new season of training or with some running experience
- Navigational skills are assumed
- Designed but not exclusively for those who train to Rate of Perceived Exertion
- Introductory pack included with the plan
- Longest training session is 9 hours 30 minutes
- A maximum of 5 running sessions each week and strength sessions suggested on 1-2 days
This is an intermediate to advanced level programme
You need to be an experienced runner to begin this programme; whilst there is a long base period, you really need to have done some running relatively recently. It starts with 4.5 hours of training in the first week and assumes you have a strength and conditioning programme that you follow twice per week.
There are two days off planned each week: Monday and Thursday.
It is based on Rate of Perceived Exertion zones, but can be adapted for those who wish to use a heart rate monitor/power meter.
If you are not sure about training zones and would like to know more before you buy you can check out this blog created by John: What does a heart rate monitor tell you?
- Weeks 1- 19 work on endurance as well as up-hill running strength.
- Weeks 20 - 37 work on up hill endurance and give suggestions of how you can familiarise yourself with the demands of the race and its terrain.
- The taper starts at week 37.
It is based on 3 week cycles (2 weeks hard and one week easy).
Additional add on consultations may be purchased as 1 hour consultations.
If you are interested in this programme but not sure if it is the right one for you please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?