50 mile/100k Ultra Running Plan for Masters, Intermediate, 24 Weeks, By Heart Rate
Mike Ricci: D3 Multisport Head Coach, USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and USAT Level III Elite CoachAll plans by this Coach
DESIRE. DETERMINATION. DISCIPLINE. Our plans get results!
Author: Mike Ricci
- Founder, Head Coach D3 Multisport, Inc. 2000-present
- USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and 2017 USAT World Team Coach
- USA Triathlon Elite Level 3 Coach (1 of 19 in the US)
- Coached the University of Colorado Triathlon team to 4 straight National Titles 2010-2013
- Coached multiple National Champions, Kona Qualifiers, and 1st yr. triathletes
- Coached the AG National Champion in 2015 and AG World Champion in 2016 (25-29 AG)
A solid training plan equals athlete success:"My race went well, smashed my goal of 5:45 with a 5:04. The plan was great and have recommended it to friends. I will purchase a plan for the full IM next year."
This 24 week program is an Intermediate Masters Plan for 50 mile/100k Ultra.
Requirements: You should have good fitness over the past 4-6 weeks. Going into this plan you should be able to run a full week of running of at least 4 to 5 days and have a long run of at least 1 hour.
You will build to 5-6 days of running with around 8-10 hours of running per week. Your off day is Monday and Friday is your easy day or Cross Train day. You will build up to back to back long runs on the weekends
Our programs are designed for the age group runner who has a busy life with a full-time job, a family and/or other responsibilities. In this program, the longer workouts will be on the weekends, and the weekdays will consist of shorter workouts. During the training plan, there is testing every few weeks to assess your fitness and so you can re-adjust your Heart Rate Zones. If you don’t train with a Heart Rate, that’s fine as the tests are still good training as you can measure improvement based on time and effort.
Our plans set YOU up for success. The main goal of this plan is to help you achieve your best race! Mike has been coaching for 30+ years and uses that collective experience to help each individual athlete be successful at any level. His passion for the sport and wisdom gained from coaching thousands of athletes goes into designing a plan. He has taken the guesswork out of training with this plan and looks forward to helping you too.
We leave no stone unturned in helping you reach your goals. Purchase of this plan includes:
- D3 'Terminology', and 'Determining Heart Rate and Power Zones' documents
- Access to premium content on our website
- Inclusion in Team D3 and access to our private Facebook group to ask our certified coaches questions
- A chance to race in a really cool kit :-)
If you have questions email Coach Mike and learn how we get it done for our athletes: www.D3Multisport.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:28 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|6:00 hrs||9:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:28 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||6:00 hrs||9:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?